Friday, January 21, 2011

A Parenthood Playlist - Songs for Baby JB

If you know us, you know we love our music. All types, all genres and all moods; from Kanye West to Frank Sinatra. Several weeks ago I tried to put this whole fatherhood thing into words myself (without music), you can read that: HERE .

I thought it would be fun to put together a playlist of songs that celebrate having a son, being a son, relationships and love. This became "Jude's Playlist" on my iPod, and here's how it ended up: 
  1. Two of Us, Aimee Mann and Michael Penn
  2. This Boy, The Beatles
  3. Son of a Son of a Sailor, Jimmy Buffett
  4. With My Own Two Hands, Jack Johnson ft. Ben Harper
  5. You Make My Dreams, Hall and Oates
  6. Imagine, John Lennon (also love Jack Johnson’s version)
  7. When I Grow Up, The Beach Boys
  8. You and Me, Dave Matthews Band
  9. Salvation Song, The Avett Brothers
  10. In My Life, The Beatles
  11. Guaranteed, Eddie Vedder
  12. Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy), John Lennon
  13. You Are the Best Thing, Ray LaMontagne
  14. Calico Skies, Paul McCartney
  15. Hey Jude, The Beatles
If you're interested in getting any of these songs, let me know and I can refer you to the album or copy the music for you.

Do you have songs you listen to that remind you of being a parent or a son or daughter? Or perhaps a song about family in general that just makes you smile? I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. I love Taylor Swift's "Never Grow Up". I wish, sometimes, that Jacob would stay little forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go with Sam and Ruby "This I know"...a feel good song that makes me think of my kids

    ReplyDelete