Friday, October 22, 2010

If there was such a thing as Happy Mother's-To-Be Day...

...It would fall on October 21st. Yesterday was one of the best days I've ever had!

After a long week of Bear's Games, OAR Concerts and a doctor's appointment where I found out my baby boy is so healthy that his mother has packed on a happy 20 pounds, I had quite a day to remember. I use the word happy for poundage....but I don't want to mean it. Glucose levels are great, we're not anemic and we found out that Jude is a huge fan of M Burger and it's caramel pumpkin milkshakes (located right down stairs of Northwestern). That should add about 10 more happy LB's before we're done!!

Anyway I went to work and was scolded again for wearing flip flops from the car to the elevator is such cold weather. You see my feet are in tight slip-on shoes all day and I can't bend over to pull anything on in the morning (BELLY!). Plus I have fantastic friends at work that only want the best for me and baby jb. So I decided to get me some ugly yet comfy shoes at lunch. EMUs may be the ugliest things I've ever put on my feet...and a bit pricey.....but let me tell you! I don't have to bend over to put them on....I don't have to wear socks with them (don't judge me)....and I serioulsy will LIVE in these for the rest of the fall and winter. Please turn your head when you see me in my fake UGGlies. Anyday you buy SHOES is the PERFECT day. Plain and Simple.

It doesn't stop there.  I then get an email from my A-MAH-Zing husband telling me to get off of work by 3:30pm. WHY?? And how can I swing this? He'll give me details later. WHAT? Okay. My fantastic boss tells me that "surprises are usually good Ashleigh!" and let's me out early (Don't worry...I'll make up that hour Friday!). After weeks of complaining that my tailbone is sticking out of my back and after 3 days of my neck feeling like it is going to break off........my BABY DADDY (couldn't help myself) at 3:00pm tells me where I'm going.

MOMMY SPA DAY!!! AHHHH!!!! He booked me the "Lady in Waiting" package at Kaya Spa a few blocks away from our house. Did I mention that this man is A-Mah-ZZZZING?? He is.

I got there and had a pedicure to die for....a manicure that looks gorgeous....and my first ever PRE-NATAL MASSAGE that just melted everything away. Even little Jude danced and giggled the whole time I was being pampered. By the time it was all said and done, I was so zen that I didn't even yell at the Chicago traffic when I left to drive 3 blocks. NAMASTE BISHES.

When I got home, the house was picked up, dinner was made, my baby's tall dresser was finished and I had gifts from my wonderful friends in my mailbox. Life Is Good! My sweater and dress for this weekend even showed up a day early for me to try on AND wear to work Friday. Someone knew I needed a day like this!

I want to THANK all my wonderful friends who've sent Jude gifts already. It's so fun when you see packages waiting for you at home!!! Who doesn't like gifts?? I'll make my huge thank you later....but thank you to BK, Nina, Brooke, Ali, Sid, Sam and Mama Cash for all the things that have helped me settle into mammahood thus far.

And a special THANK YOU to the best husband/daddy/man ever. You always know just what I need and you take such good care of us. Thank you for everything baby...I'm not sure what I'd do without you. I love you so much!

October 21st is going down in history. It was the BEST Happy Mother's-To-Be Day EVER!!!

xoxo Mama and Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment